Are you a coffee lover like me? Then surely you must have tried your hands on best of the 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India the quest of sipping the best morning coffee ever! Then you have to invest in a coffee bean grinder to enjoy a cup of coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans rather than pre-packed coffee powder.
In this post, you’ll find 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India but before you scroll down to the best options let’s talk a bit about why you need a coffee grinder in the first place.
To make the best sane decision, you must know your product right. Be a smart consumer, and yes you’re as you’re reading this post and smiling. Stay tuned!
Top 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India
1. Krups Black Fast Touch Oval Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder
This Krups Coffee Grinder is on the List position on our list of 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India.KRUPS was founded in the year 1846. It is a German-based kitchen appliance manufacturer. Krups was named after its founder Robert Krups.
It produces a wide variety of household appliances. Group SEB is its parent organization. A list of their products includes an aluminum coffee machine, weighing machine, electric spice and coffee grinder, mini coffee machine.
Krups coffee grinder comes with an easy user interface. The menu options are clear and understandable. Also, it has good capacity and approximately 400g of coffee beans can grind at a time. Now, different coffee flavours can be enjoyed with a wide range of grinding options. Moreover, the coffee grinder is easy to clean and maintain.
- You can experience different flavors of coffee with a different range of grinding options
- Also, the coffee beans can grind finely or coarsely
- The coffee beans can be held with auto-shut trap doors when the hopper is removed
- Removable transparent coffee bean hopper which can be locked or removed for cleaning
- A lock is provided to remove the hopper
- It has high speed motor of 150 Watts.
- It include 4 way grinding system.
- The grinder gets overheated sometimes
2. Baratza Encore – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
This Baratza Coffee Grinder is on the second position on our list of 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India. This is having a decent grinder will let you more precision over the grind of your coffee beans – which essentially means you can have a similar amazing coffee despite the weather, time of day, or if your beans are a couple of days more seasoned.
The Coffee grinder likewise joins one heartbeat speed for the consistent surface of ground flavors. Apart from this, the product additionally joins push button switch, rustproof stainless steel edge, and perfect for little quantity. So overall, you will like the product with so many special features that you can get.
- It has a high-speed motor of 150 Watts.
- It includes a four-way grinding system.
- The lids are transparent.
- No major Cons.
3. Usha 200-Watt Dry Spice Masala and Coffee Grinder
This USHA Coffee Grinder is on the third position on our list of 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India. Usha is one of the most known and used brands in the world of home & kitchen appliances.
It’s multi-tasking with the coffee you can also grind your masalas and add a dash of flavor to your wholesome home-cooked meals.
It comes with a sleek compact SS design, one pulse speed for the consistent texture of ground spices. It’s easy to use, store and maintain.
- Stainless steel body, sleek and compact SS design
- 75 grams grinding capacity and 23cm height including SS Jar
- With safety lock feature, long lasting and anti-corrosion sharp SS blades
- One pulse speed for the consistent texture of ground spices
- Easy to use and store one-touch control
- Usage – spices, coffee beans, bread crumbs, nuts
- Little bit noissy
4. Glen Mini Grinder 4045G
This Glen Mini Grinder is on the Fourth position on our list of 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India. Glen SA4045G has constantly provided near-commercial-level quality with consumer-level costs.
Apparently, there will be some quality differences between this grinder and the best pro grinders, but bearing in mind its cost-effectiveness, you’re golden! Actually, there is nothing to complain about. As it does it all for you, It grinds for espresso, and it grinds for drip.
It’s simple to use and easy to clean and is a valuable investment if you want to intensely advance the quality of your coffee at home.
- It’s small and compact in size, transparent lid for clear prominence and push button switch
- Push button switch, rust-resistant stainless steel blade and ideal for small quantity
- Capacity: 30 grams, Power: 350 watts
- The grinder comes with one year warranty.
- No major cons
5. HARIO Hand Grinder MSCS – 2B Coffee Mill
This HARIO Coffee Grinder is on the Fifth position on our list of 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India. This Hario hand grinder is an ideal grinder for the coffee enthusiast that comes with ceramic burr grinder which is operated manually. This grinder comes with professional features and adaptable functionality.
It is small, portable and lightweight that is suitable for home use (to get better control over grinding) due to its quality and solidness.
It is ideal to grind the beans from coarse to fine grind with its rock solid ground breaking 166-Watt co-ordinate drive motor spinning at a speed of 1725 rpms.
- Type of Grinder is Manual Ceramic Burr Grinder
- Speed – 1725 rpm
- Grinding Capacity – 100 grams
- Easy to install, use and clean this hand grinder.
- It is small, portable and lightweight to store and use it.
- Easy to carry and works ideal for both home and travellers.
- It gives consistent grinding to make a perfect coffee with fresh aroma.
- Strong stainless steel blades with corrosion resistant feature will grind the beans effectively.
- Somewhat difficult to grind the coffee beans manually upon daily usage.
- A little bit pricey product.
6. STOK Coffee & Spice Grinder
This STOK Coffee Grinder is on the Sixth position on our List of 7 Best Coffee Grinder In India. This STOK 2 in 1 coffee grinder suits best for household purposes. A powerful motor (150W) with double stainless steel blades that works well to grind the coffee beans to your desired consistency.
It acts as a multi-spice grinder that not only used to grind the coffee beans effectively but also grinds spices, herbs and more but always remembers that it is only meant for dry grinding.
It comes with an elegant sleek and compact design that yields up to 12 cups of coffee and can be stored easily without taking much space. The safety switch of this grinder will make you operate it safely with one touch.
The stainless steel blades comes with anti-corrosion sharp S5 blades for fast & even grinding and lasts longer.
- Grinder Type – Electric Blade Grinder
- Speed – 1600 to 1800 rpm
- Grinding Capacity – 70 grams
- Providing Watts – 150 W
- Comes with a large capacity that holds 70 grams of coffee beans (or for 12 cups) for grinding.
- The powerful motor will grind the beans from coarse to fine range within a few seconds.
- The elegant looks, compact design, durability, easy to use and store will make it more attractive.
- Warranty – 1 year
- It comes with a fixed jar which makes you unable to wash.
- Grinds only small quantity but not in bulk.
7. Anfim Electric Coffee Grinder
This Anfim is a well-known company that effectively provides the lowest to highest workload espresso grinders. These are well designed and comes with good technology and design. This grinder is one of the best electric burr coffee grinder that works best for home, small coffee shops and small offices.
It has solid heavy duty build quality with powerful motor (has steel flat burr blades) and polished alloy exterior will make you enjoy various styles of coffee. It performs a quiet operation and cleaning this grinder is also easy.
The doser in this grinder will help you not to waste more and has stepped adjuster that makes it easy to use.
- It is Providing Wattage of 300W
- Grinding Disc Diameter – 54 mm
- Disc Material – Hardened Steel
- Voltage – 220 to 240 V
- Grinding Capacity – 1 kg/day
- Hopper Capacity – 400 grams
- Speed – 1300 rpm
- Type of grinder is Burr Electric Grinder.
- It comes with a powerful motor, large burrs, effective doser and stepped adjuster.
- It has aesthetically pleasing, heavy build quality, and performs its operation with less sound.
- Cleaning this grinder is also an easy task and also it comes in small size.
- It runs with an excellent speed (grinding capacity – 1 kg per day) to achieve the desired consistency of grind quickly.
- Warranty – 1 year
- It runs only on the electric power source.
How to Choose the Right Coffee Grinder
Here are a few things which you have to consider before purchasing the coffee bean grinder.
Except for manual grinder, all electric grinders come with different grinding settings. These grinding settings help in obtaining the required coffee ground. Some coffee grinder comes with 40 plus grinding settings. Select such kind of grinder only if you want to try all the different styles and do research on different flavors.
- The Auto-grind will grind the beans based on the cup capacity or selection.
- The pulse will perform grinding the beans to ground by turning on and off the button when it’s done. It is the most available option and suits best for just brewing a cup or two for a few times a day.
- The time-grind allows you to have different ground styles as it is grinded with some fixed time to run the motor.
The capacity of the bean holder must not be small or even too large. A small capacity holder results in repetitive coffee grounds. While a large coffee bean holder may damage the beans if it is left unused for a longer duration of time. So, chose the capacity as per your family needs or size of the family.
It’s always good to buy the best coffee grinder in the price range which we can afford. The blade type cost less than burr type grinder and the electric power coffee grinder will cost higher than the manual one. So, choose the best one that suits in your price and requirement.
Some coffee grinders come with the required amount of coffee beans to be grounded. For example, if you need coffee ground only for two cups then ground the coffee beans for only two cups. Suppose, the next day you require 10 cups of coffee and coffee ground for it then you must be capable to adjust the required measurement. Choosing such coffee grinders that have the provision of selection never allows them to waste the coffee ground or coffee beans.
As we have seen different types of coffee grinders are available to choose. Select one which is best for you. We have manual grinders and electric grinders with burr or blade functionality.
It is an important feature to be considered while buying a coffee grinder. You must feel easy to clean the grinder. Any uncleaned coffee grinder never provides aromatic coffee ground. Also, the coffee beans may get damaged gradually.
Many factors include obtaining even grind. Factors like the type of coffee grinder, speed set or time adjusted for the ground play major role. However, to obtain even and consistent coffee ground you grinder must be burr type with different setting options.
A coffee grinder that operates with high-speed motors definitely damage the flavour and aroma of coffee grounds. A medium-speed or low-speed coffee grinders are ideal to choose. Also, with a high-speed lot of heat generates you may burn your coffee grinder too.
Every electric grinder produces noise either it may be low or high depending upon the type of the grinder you are choosing. A burr grinder is better than a blade grinder, they produce less noise. Also, a conical burr grinder has less noise level when compared to a flat burr grinder. If you are really sensitive to noise levels then I advise you to choose burr grinders instead of blade grinders.
Benefits of Coffee Grinder
- A great grinder will transform your coffee experience from the inside out.
- Your coffee will be more flavorful and delicious. You’ll be able to determine your coffee’s flavor and strength.
- You’ll be able to brew coffee that rivals your favorite coffee shop.
- Get a chance to enjoy a freshly brewed coffee with various flavors along with the fresh coffee aroma.
Different Types of Coffee Grinders Available in the Market?
You are going to discover two primary choices in your pursuit to buy the best coffee grinder with every single one of them delivering a discrete level of quality and worth to money.
Blade grinders, To be reasonable to the blade grinders, they function in an appropriate manner when the spices are to be ground. However, in case you propose to devote money on top-quality coffee beans, then you would perhaps be more contented spending on a coffee grinder that is appropriate for them.
If you generally twig with low-cost coffee types, then you may not perceive a lot of variance with a blade grinder against a top-end model; however, that reasonable price tag might be pretty tempting.
Burr grinders are available in 2 distinct types: flat and conical plate. There are minor differences in the manner they go about grinding the coffee beans, but at large the quality of the particles is alike amongest the two.
The flat burr grinders charge more and are superior at producing constancy in the size of the particle. The conical grinders are pretty reasonably priced and silent.
However, at this point in your shopping escapade, the main decision you require making is whether a burr grinder or a blade grinder would do the job for you.
Automatic Grinders vs. Manual Grinders
In case you desire the finest flavor in a smaller time frame, or you would only rather fit in a few more minutes to the morning sleep, opt to purchase an automatic coffee grinder. They’re obtainable with burrs or blades, and you might as well discover one to fit inside your budget.
So, after going through the sections discussed above, we are certain about the fact that our users would now be capable of taking a smarter and well-informed decision when in the market to buy a coffee grinder
Steel Burr vs. Ceramic Burr
The burrs are generally crafted out of two distinct materials: steel & ceramic. You might not believe, but the selection might be a bit notorious – and it (customarily) relies on the thermal conductivity of the material. Steel is a quality material for thermal conduction, which signifies that the burrs are going to heat up as well as cool down pretty quickly.
On the other hand, the ceramic burrs have a relatively lower thermal conductivity on offer; it is going to take a longer time to get heated but also ample time to become cool. Additionally, the ceramic burrs incline to have an extended lifespan and might also be pretty costly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which type is better burr or blade?
There are blade coffee grinders that are definitely better when compared to burr coffee grinder. Also, there are burr coffee grinders that are better when compared to blade grinders. However, technically speaking one grinder has more pros over another grinder.
A burr grinder is sophisticated and has a consistent ground. While a blade grinder does not have any consistency. Also, burr grinders produce less heat by preserving the aroma. The blade grinder is similar to a food processor and chops or makes smaller particles of beans repeatedly. However, both the grinders produce sound.
2. How does a coffee grinder work?
A coffee grinder helps to grind the coffee beans either fine or coarse depending upon the speed and time of grinding. However, we know that coffee beans can be ground either by blades or by burr. Both produce different coffee ground. A bladed coffee grinder uses blades to ground the beans. The consistency of the coffee ground using bladed coffee grinder may vary. To have a fine press one must run the blade grinder for a longer duration of time.
Blade grinder tries to chop the coffee beans into pieces, smaller pieces repeatedly. While burr grinders press the coffee beans in a uniform size. The burr grinders have two burrs where one is stationary and other burr turns with the help of a motor. When coffee beans are in between the two burrs they get crushed.
3. Why you need a coffee grinder when easily coffee powder is available?
You can enjoy a fresh flavoured and lip-smacking coffee only with freshly ground coffee beans. Coffee beans are roasted slightly for aroma. You can not ground the coffee beans in a normal grinder that is used to prepare chutney and other batters. A coffee grinder is designed separately with different grinding settings. Also, you can enjoy various flavours at home with the help of a coffee grinder.
Though you can buy different flavoured coffee ground it will get wasted within a few days. Hence, a coffee grinder helps you by providing the option of fine grind, medium grind and coarse grind. Also, you have the possibility of enjoying espresso, french press, drip coffee. Moreover, you can ground the required amount of coffee powder.
4. Which type of coffee grinder is better manual or electric?
It depends on the way you use the coffee grinder and your requirements. If you want to run the grinder daily and have busy schedules every day or if you want to use the grinder for a small office then electric coffee grinder is best. Otherwise, a manual grinder is best. Also, the electric grinder has more setting options than manual.
Moreover, cleaning of electric grinder needs care and manual grinder can be cleaned without any precautions. However, both the grinders have their own advantages and disadvantages. It is left to user choice to select the type of grinder based on their requirements.
5. What speed should we maintain for grinding perfectly?
A manual grinder works well with both high-speed and low-speed operation. While coming to the electric grinder speed really matters. As if the machine is run with high-speed it generates more amount of heat and this may result in damaging the flavor and aroma of the coffee beans. This happens especially with the blade grinders. While coming to burr grinders speed does not create any problem.
6. How often should I clean the grinder?
A cleaned grinder provides better taste coffee grounds. However, coming to cleaning it depends on how often you use the grinder. If you are running the grinder daily then a quick cleaning is necessary. Also, deep cleaning for every two to three months is a must. Never allow your coffee grinder to run without cleaning properly.
7. How long does the coffee beans stay fresh after grinding?
The ground coffee when exposed to certain elements like air, light and moisture will make the coffee to start going downhill. So, mostly prefer to keep the coffee beans rather than storing the coffee ground. Although, the ground coffee will stay fresh for 2 – 3 weeks but it lasts for a few months, if stored properly that won’t taste good. Make your ground fresh every time to enjoy a fresh coffee with nice aroma.
If you have reached this part of the article means you are a coffee lover or you are looking for your family who loves to drink coffee daily. Hope we have provided each and every point regarding coffee grinder in this article. Also, our best picks help you to choose a precise coffee grinder as per your requirement.
We have picked Krups GX420851 as the best pick. If you have just started grinding coffee beans at home and still in the learning stage then I suggest you with Baratza Sette 30 grinder. Anfim coffee grinder is best for those who prepare coffee frequently at home and also who have home and office under one roof. This product may cost a bit high but the performance is efficient.
So, here are the Top 5 Best Coffee Grinder available in the market today. Do let us know in the comments which product you liked the most!