Rise of Air Pollution in India, You simply can’t neglect the need for breathing Clean and Pure Air. First of all, In this post, I am going to List Down the Best Air Purifiers in India.
To make your search easier, here’s a list of the best air purifiers for home at different prices offering numerous features that try to lower pollutants floating in the air at home or office.
You will then see the rest of the relevant information surrounding this review in the second part, Similarly such as some buying tips, buying guides, commonly asked questions, and so on. Read through and prepare yourself to be amazed!
This post is written top 10 best air purifiers for bedroom in India.
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers in India 2020
- Mi brand has hit the Indian market a few years ago, And we placed this Mi air purifier 2s in first on our list of 10 best air purifiers for home.
- It has impressed the consumers with its quality, durable, and cost-effective products.
- This Air purifier Features as it is equipped with a powerful filtration system, auto-adjust brightness, and several other beneficial factors.
- The inner layer comprises activated carbon to get rid of bad odors, formaldehyde, and other harmful substances.
- The efficient tower-like design constitutes 943 intake holes, whereby it increases the air intake space. Hence it ensures to form a 3600 cyclical filtration pathway, thereby providing pure air from all sides.
- Philips is a popular known brand across the world and this Philips air purifier are comes on the 2nd positions on our list of best air purifiers in India.
- This product with dimensions of 541 x 325 x 211 mm (LWH) packed with tons of your favorite features would be perfect for your money’s value.
- This 1000 series AC1215 / 20 Air Purifier by Philips is placed on number four on our list is that it has the ability to cover a massive 677 sq. ft of area and can house in any type of filter between a carbon filter and a HEPA filter.
- These Coway air purifiers were launched in India in late 2018.
- This doesn’t really come as a surprise as their coway air purifiers in India are quite popular in the U.S too.
- Also the Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 air purifier comes with 3 layer filtration also the first stage is a pre-filter to capture dust, pet hair, and other larger particulate matter.
- The next stage is the urethane carbon filter that absorbs up to 98% odor and Volatile organic compounds ( VOCs) like benzene, toluene, formaldehyde, etc.
- Crompton Greeves Ozone Dessert cooler is an ideal pick for those who want to give a cooling effect to a 550 Sq. Ft. sized room.
- You cannot ask for more at such a reasonable price as this cooling device offers cross ventilation in your room or office, where ever you install it to maintain the temperature of the room all around.
- It is also easy to clean due to the water drain plug that aids in decreasing the water inside the cooler during cleaning.
- Crompton air cooler cooling Honeycomb pad confirms cooling and the reason behind it is its body which is made up of abs and thermoplastic.
- This Philips air purifiers product is like a one-stop-shop. It has a huge area of coverage at the same time has the most advanced filtration/purification technologies.
- Philips AC2887/20 filter lifetime is calculated accurately considering the indoor pollution, airflow, and operating time.
- The Healthy Air Protect feature alerts you about the change in the filters at the appropriate time.
- Therefore this air purifier comes with this specific algorithm AeraSense that can detect daily events like shaking of the pillow or the passing of a vacuum cleaner.
- It increases the air delivery speed to reduce the allergens to the minimum.
- This Honeywell air purifier having Child Lock Feature: Child lock feature keeps the functioning of the purifier away from the reach of toddlers.
- Powerful cleaning of room in just 10 minutes: High CADR ensures effective cleaning in the bedroom as well as living rooms.
- Low running cost due to low power consumption and high filter life: High filter life of 3000 hrs for the composite filter and very low power consumption means you incur the very low running cost of the purifier.
- Special Features: 3D Air Flow and Low sound Operation.
- Filter runs for around 9 months when you use the purifier for 8 hours daily.
- Honeywell is the popular brand and this Honeywell air purifier are comes on the seventh position on our list of best air purifiers in India.
- This is compatible with all kinds of cars, from small to the biggest SUVs.
- It boasts of the flame retardant material that is safe to use even on the hottest days. It is packed with features besides its sleek design.
- Atlanta is a popular brand in India and these Atlanta air purifiers come on the eighth position on our list of best air purifiers in India.
- This one boasts of its 7 stage filtration process that will surely provide you the peace of mind for clean air at home.
- It is also good for average space rooms. It also has the unique air quality odor sensor, not most models have.
- 7-STAGE air filtration technology: Pre-filter, HEPA filter, anti-bacterial filter, activated carbon, photocatalyst oxidization, UV light and ionizer
- Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Wi-Fi enables air purifier. This air purifier uses Air Multiplier technology to project and circulate purified air throughout the room.
- The H-13 HEPA filter is pleated over 200 times and comes densely packed with borosilicate microfibres.
- The Air Multiplier technology ensures powerful air projection whereas the Oscillation features help to circulate the purified air throughout the room quickly.
- With a sophisticated design, advanced features and high air purifying efficiency, AC3256/20 is one of the best air purifiers from Philips.
- Talking about the filtration system, AC 3256/20 has a 3 stage filtration system that consists of a pre-filter, activated carbon filter and a HEPA filter.
- The activated carbon filter has a high-grade honeycomb structure that can be expanded to about the size of 20 football fields and has high absorption capacity for VOCs ( volatile organic compounds).
- The HEPA filter used in AC3256 is thicker and anti-bacterial coating. When you read HEPA layer 1 and HEPA layer 2 in the product description given in Amazon.
- You might think it is 2 layers of HEPA filter. But when you read carefully, you can understand it is just an anti-bacterial coating—something that many other brands offer.
Air Purifier Buying Guide
The final touches on your selection process that is a must for you to keep in mind. We cover all buying guide tips and factors whiling choosing a best air purifier.
1. Total Coverage Area
Always the topmost priority, make sure that the air purifier’s maximum coverage area is equivalent to the place where it will be used; be it in your living room, bedroom, office or car.
2. Air Filtration Technology
This explains a lot about how the filtered air output will be. If you are aiming for an air purifier who would help you most in certain areas, be vigilant on the complete details of its air filtration or purification process.
3. Air Filter Replacement Cost
You should always take into consideration the additional cost that will be required when you are to buy a new filter for your air purifier. It is being done even before purchasing the product itself.
It is common for air purifiers to make a bit of noise due to its filtration/purification process. But make sure to choose the less noisy and even avoid the ones producing annoying noises.
We hope we covered all the things you had in your mind about air purifiers and were able to help you with the search for the best air purifier for your home satisfactorily! You are now well equipped to make the most of your hard-earned money and buy the air purifier that perfectly fits your requirements.
5. Room Size
Room size is an important factor while choosing an air purifier. Buy an air purifier that is designed to operate in a space that is 20-40% larger than your room for optimal performance. It will not need to run the fan as fast, and thus will be quieter and consume less energy in that case.
6. FILTRATION SYSTEM
To be effective, air purifiers need a multi-stage air filtration system. A multi-stage air filtration product generally has three types of filters.
A. Pre-Filter: The pre-filter acts as the first line of defense and removes PM10 pollutants such as dust, smoke, hair, pet dander, large pollens, etc. The pre-filter also helps in increasing the life of the secondary filter by not letting it die sooner.
B. HEPA Filter: The High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filter traps PM2.5 pollutants which are too fine to be stopped by the Pre-Filter. They can filter particles of up to 0.3 microns in size. HEPA filters are considered as the industry standard for air filtration products. These filters can remove up to 99.97% of pollutants from the air.
C. Carbon Filter: The carbon filter is used for removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), gaseous substances and odors from the air.
Types of Air Purifiers
Here are the 5 common types that will help you be enlightened to which one will the best air purifier for you.
1. HEPA Technology
HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air and this has been a known technology for years in filtering particles. It has a standard of catching 99.97% of all particles bigger than 0.3 microns such as chemicals, viruses, and bacteria. This type does not generate harmful byproducts such as ozone.
The only constraint of this is it does not remove foul odors.
2. Activated Carbon Technology
The activated carbon is a granular form that is made of porous material that can absorb large amounts of allergens and contaminants. It was originally used in the year 1900’s to purify water and take the color out of the sugar. But now it is an effective filter capturing chemical emissions, gases, tobacco smoke, and even odors.
This type is most helpful for people with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) because they absorb formaldehyde.
3. UV Technology
UV stands for UltraViolet. This is put together with filter systems to truly remove airborne particles. Air purifiers with this one have a UV lamp installed where microorganisms pass by UV rays and get destroyed. This type converts molecules of oxygen and water found in the air and converts it to ozone and hydroxyl.
The effectiveness of this purifier depends on the wattage of the light and its time of exposure. Most air purifiers that use UV on the starts its filtration with HEPA and activated carbon, and the UV only in the final stage.
4. Negative Ion
Negative ions magnetically attract airborne particles like pollen and dust, until accumulated particle becomes too heavy to remain in the air. This causes the particle to fall and attach itself into another solid item in the area, such as a window or a wall.
Unfortunately, this type is seen to be less effective as it does not have the ability to absorb and eliminate harmful contaminants in the air but only transfer it to another surface.
This simply pumps ozone into the home’s air. Whatever it touches it oxidizes which is a very effective way of killing mold and mildew as well as foul odors in your homes.
Its constraint is that it is seen to have some health concerns hence are best used for commercial or emergency purposes only.
Now that we already know the types of air purifiers, we can now move on to the most essential buying reference for you.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Here are the top questions buyers and these questions will help you select a best air purifiers from our list of Best Air Purifiers in India.
1. How do you reduce the noise created by the air purifiers?
The noise is due to the speed of the fans. You can reduce the noise by reducing the speed of the fans. The present-day air purifiers have built-in sensors that determine the level of impurities and adjust the fan speed accordingly. They also take care to reduce the speed considerably at night thereby providing a higher degree of comfort.
2. Do Air Purifiers Help You Sleep?
Apart from just allergen removal, air purifiers can help you sleep in several ways. Air purifiers can remove dust particles and other impurities that cause congestion which leads to improper sleep. Its soothing sound drowns out the outside noises that wake you up.
3. Can it be used on a larger space than its coverage area capacity indicated?
Yes, but it will no longer be as effective hence is never recommended.
These are just a few questions about air purifiers that would also be useful in your search. The next stop is your favorite, the buying tips!
4. How to clean an air purifier?
The clean-up of an air purifier is extremely easy. If you are still having problems then read the instructions As you are using an electronic device, you need to unplug the power cord, first. After that, take a clean cloth and wipe clean the outer exterior of the casing. Now, remove the cover of the filter.
Remove the filter and then wash them using soap and water. Dry them out. Then, put those washed filters back into their place. Attach the external cover and plugin. And it’s done!
5. Do all windows and doors need to be closed when using the air purifier at home?
Yes, to maximize the effectivity of the air purifier.
6. Does it come with filters or do they have to be purchased separately?
Yes, it comes with filters. But for the filter replacements, for most air purifiers it is not provided hence you would need to purchase such.
We have done compressive research on the top 10 Best Air Purifiers in India. There are more air purifiers with their own unique features and capabilities. It might suit you better, thus we highly recommend you to go through our entire list before going for the purchase.
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
- Top 10 Best Water Purifier In India – Reviews: Buying Guide
- Top 10 Best Geysers (Water Heaters) in India for 2020 — & Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Best Washing Machines in India (2020) – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- 10 Best Microwave Ovens In India for 2020 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Best Air Conditioners in India (2020) – AC Buying Guide & Reviews(1.5 Ton)
- Top 7 Best Refrigerators in India 2020 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- 10 Best Air Cooler in India 2020 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Best Kitchen Chimneys in India: 2020 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide